Soragune Devalaya

Soragune Devalaya

Soragune Devalaya dedicated to Lord Katharagama has a long history running back to several centuries and the details of this place are included in the ancient documents owned by the Devalaya such as thudapatha, medagama sannasa and lekam mitiya. This sacred devalaya was built by a provincial king Yapa in the year 1582 A.D. in order to fulfill a vow made by him. Inconnection with a battle that he had won. The details of this event are found in Medagama Royal Grant and other documents available with the devalaya. This devalaya can be reached by travelling 5kms along Kirawanagama Road branching off at Halatuthenna town on Colombo – Badulla highway.

Address

Soragune Devalaya, Badulla

Distance from Badulla

55.4Km

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Leave a Reply